The Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) was introduced for the first time in the year 2002 for admission to all the Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes conducted by the Universities in Gujarat State. This was done to provide a single window system of admissions to MBA programmes of different universities of the State. This system of single window was introduced by the Government of Gujarat, which has done pioneering work in providing such facilities to professional courses such as Engineering, Medicine, etc., for quite some time, which was then emulated by other States. This effort of the government has resulted in uniformity in the admission process and has also made the process of admissions to professional courses student-friendly in terms of time, money and efforts. This is the fifth year since the introduction of the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) for MBA. While there are national level entrance tests for MBA such as CAT, MAT, XAT, etc., now GCET at the state level has also found a firm footing.
1. Candidates graduated from a University recognised and located in Gujarat State are eligible to appear for GCET.
2. Candidates who have graduated in a 3-year course from a University outside Gujarat State but have passed Std. XII or its equivalent examination from a recognised school located in Gujarat State are also eligible to appear for GCET.
3. Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in graduation. In case of SC/ST candidates, 5% relaxation is given as per rules. 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) marks will be computed on the basis of the GRAND TOTAL in the final year mark sheet shown by the concerned University.
(The minimum marks of 50% or 45% given above should be without rounding off and grace marks will be excluded for the purpose).
4. A candidate who has appeared at the final year (Bachelor’s Degree) examination of any University recognised by the Association of Indian Universities shall be treated as provisionally eligible for GCET.
5. If the graduation result is in the form of grade, then an equivalence certificate showing that the candidate has obtained 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) should be produced at the time of application.
6. For wards of Kashmiri migrants, one supernumerary seat will be allotted in each institution where the seats are filled by the GCET Committee, based on a separate merit list prepared for the purpose. In their case, the eligibility conditions mentioned at 1 and 5 will not be applicable.
Allocation of seats
1 Admissions to all seats in Government, Grant-in-aid Institutions and Institutions run by universities will be given by the GCET 2006 Committee.
2 If Private Unaided Institutions surrender their sanctioned seats to GCET 2006 Committee, then such seats will be filled by the Committee as per Government Resolution (GR) No.MBA/102006/ 1131/S dated May 15, 2006.
3 Admissions given by Centralised Procedure by Unaided Private Institutions as per the order of Hon’ble Supreme Court shall be submitted to the GCET Committee for endorsement. The concerned university shall enrol students based on such endorsed list only.
4 The Private Unaided Institutions shall carry out admission proceedings based on the GCET merit as per the guidelines issued by Justice (Rtd.) R.J.Shah Fee & Admission Committee for Professional Courses under their monitoring.
Note:As per the GR dated May 15, 2006, no admission will be given to any MBA programmes in any of the Universities of Gujarat State without GCET.
List of Management institute who accept Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) For MBA Admission
Department Of Business Administration,
Gaurishanker Lake Road, Bhavnagar-364002
Central Co-Operative Consumer Stores,
Room No.1, Ground Floor,
Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
M. S. Patel Institute,
Faculty Of Management Studies, M.S. University Of Baroda,
S.K. Patel School Of Business Management,
North Gujarat University
University Road, Patan-384265
G. H. Patel Post Graduate Institute Of Business Management,
Sardar Patel University,
Smt. R. D. Gardi Institute Of Business Management,
Saurashtra University, University Road, Rajkot-360005
South Gujarat University,
Department Of Business And Industrial Management,
University Campus, Udhna Magdalla ROAD, SURAT-395007