- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (list attached page No. 21 to 47) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 18 to 19) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 11), may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
Mode of payment:
- Through Challan by deposit of prescribed fees in CBSE Account with Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank.
- By Debit/Credit Card.
- Credit card: 1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card: 0.75% of examination fee plus the service tax as applicable
- By Debit/Credit Card.
- General category: Rs. 600
- OBC: Rs. 300
- ST / SC: Rs. 150
The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded in the PDF/jpg format by all the candidates are:
- Fill in the Online Application Form
- Front Facing Passport size photograph (3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) [JPG Format, SIZE-within 4 KB to 40 KB]
- Signature of candidate [JPG Format, SIZE-within 4 KB to 30 KB]
Age limit & Relaxation:
- Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 28 years as on 01.06.2015. A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||1¼ Hours|
|Second||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours|
|Third||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2½ Hours|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50 (fifty). In the event of the candidate attempted more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of Result:
- Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in NET for considering a candidate for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor: The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper –III as given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER – III|
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC / PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepare subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates. Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only. Step IV: A separate merit list for the award of JRF will be prepared from amongst the NET qualified candidates figuring in the merit list prepared under step III.