RRB Group D Recruitment 2018
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) published centralized notification for 62907 Group ‘D’ Recruitment. You can view all details about this recruitment including Official notification, how to apply online, exam structure, syllabus, physical efficiency test etc…
RRB Recruitment 2018
- No of posts: 62907
- Name of the post: Group ‘D’ posts
Eligibility Criteria for RRB Recruitment
- Educational Qualification:</b> Candidates should have the Educational / Technical qualifications indicated against the notified posts in the CEN from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application. Refer to Annexure-A for the prescribed qualification against each of the posts. Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational / technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply. Diploma / Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu of course completed Act Apprenticeship / ITI. Also, Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.
- Age limit: 18 to 31 years (as on 01.07.2018)
- Examination Fee: Rs. 500/- for all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl No 2 and Rs. 250/- for Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class. (This fee of rs. 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT).
- Scale of pay: Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs. 18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time
RRB Recruitment Selection Process
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates shall be called for PET Two times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this limit as required to ensure availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts. Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion for PET is as under:
- Male Candidates: Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down and Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance
- Female Candidates: Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down and Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
RRB Recruitment Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Computer Based Test: All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of RRBs. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personal email communication to the candidates.
- Total Duration : 90 Min,
- No of Questions: 100
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST30%.
- These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
- The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to:
- Mathematics: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science: The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level. d. General Awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities,Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
- Centralized Employment Notification: CEN 02/2018
- Opening Date & Time for On-Line Registration and submission of Application: 10/02/2018 at 10.00 AM
- Closing Date & Time for submission of On-Line application: 12/03/2018 at 11.59 PM
- Last Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee Online payment (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card): 12/03/2018 at 10.00 PM
- SBI Bank Challan: 12/03/2018 at 01.00 PM
- Post Office Challan : 10/03/2018 at 01.00 PM