Table of contents
If you are preparing for SPIPA Entrance Exam for UPSC Civil Services Exam training then you must refer this book list for your SPIPA Exam Preparation. We have tried to provide perfect list of reference books which might be helpful for your exam preparation.
Reference Books for SPIPA Entrance Exam
General Studies Paper: 1
- Tata Mc GrawHills (GS Guide)
- India Year Book (by Govt. of India publication)
- NCERT Books (Std. 6 to 12) – Social Studies, Science & Technology, Geography, History, Economy
- Yojana & Kurukshetra Magazine
- National Newspaper for Current Affairs (Monday Musings magazine is also important)
- Economic Survey of India
General Studies Paper: 2
- Tata Mc Graw Hills (GS – Paper-2 Guide)
- Objective Arithmatic – R. S. Aggarwal
- CSAT – Arihant Publications
- CSAT – Pratiyogita Darpan
- Sankhyatmak Abhiyogyata – Pratiyogita Darpan
- New reasoning test – Pratiyogita Darpan
Other Books for SPIPA Entrance Exam
SPIPA Books Paper 1 (General Studies)
- NCERT Books (standard 7 to 12 – Social Science, History, Geography)
- UPSC Old Question Papers
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth
- Modern History of India by Bipin Chandra
- Constitution of India by Dr Durga Das Basu (DD Basu)
- Geography of India by Majid Hussain
- Indian Economy by Rudra Datt & PM Sundaram (Datt & Sundaram)
- Lucent GK Guidebook
- National Newspaper (Indian Express or The Hindu)
SPIPA Books Paper 2 (CSAT)
- RS Aggarwal’s books on Math / Reasoning
- Online Practice Papers
Frequently Asked Questions
SPIPA is Govt. body for providing training to Govt. Employees. SPIPA also running coaching center for UPSC Civil Services Exam Training.
Yes, SPIPA is Government organization and its full name is Sardar Patel Institute for Public Administration.
No. SPIPA has stopped hostel facility from last few years. Now SPIPA only provides training, lectures, reading room, library and stipend.
No. SPIPA is not charging any fee for UPSC Coaching Centers. Although, candidates have to pay Rs. 3,200 refundable deposit (Rs. 1000 training deposit + 2,200 library deposit). Ahmedabad SPIPA is charging Rs. 6,200 deposit.