Table of contents
Sardar Patel Institute of Public Administration (also known as SPIPA) was established in 1962 by Government of Gujarat as a apex training institute of state. This institute was renamed in 1974 as SPIPA. This institute providing training to Govt. Employees including Gujarat Civil Services (GAS, GPS, Class I & II), Nayab Mamlatdar, Mamlatdar etc…
What is SPIPA Entrance Exam?
SPIPA running Coaching class for UPSC Civil Services Exam Training. Any eligible candidates can join this SPIPA Coaching center by cracking SPIPA’s Entrance Exam for CSP Training. SPIPA publishing notification for this exam almost every year. You can visit our updates website to get latest from SPIPA. You can get almost all details for SPIPA Entrance Exam in this page including eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, previous years solved question papers etc…
How many seats are there in SPIPA?
As on October, 2021 there are 500 seats available in SPIPA for UPSC Civil Services Exam Training. SPIPA allocates 500 seats across different SPIPA Centers i.e. Ahmedabad (320 seats), Rajkot (60 seats), Baroda (60 seats), and Surat (60 seats).
Eligibility for SPIPA Entrance Exam
- Candidate must be a Graduate or last year / semester.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate’s mother-tongue should be Gujarati OR he/she should passed Secondary or Higher Secondary Exam from Gujarat OR A resident of the state of Gujarat for a period of 5 years.
- Age limit: 21 years to 32 years
- SEBC: 3 years Exemption
- SC / ST: 5 years Exemption
- Physical Disabled: 10 years Exemption
SPIPA Entrance Exam Pattern
SPIPA Entrance exam is divided in two stages i.e., Preliminary Exam and Written Exam (interview is cancelled as per new exam pattern).
Preliminary Exam is based on MCQ Based (OMR Sheet) exam which contain two questions papers General Studies Paper 1 and General Studies Paper 2 (CSAT).
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 200
- Total Time: 2 hours
Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Marks: 100
- Total Time: 1.5 hours
- Both papers of preliminary exam are MCQ based.
- 0.33% negative marking for each wrong answer.
- Preliminary Exam Papers will set in both Gujarati and English medium.
- Merit for preliminary exam will be prepared based on combined marks of both (GS and CSAT) papers.
Written / Essay Exam
SPIPA’s written exam contain only one paper which is an Essay paper. Only qualified candidates (from preliminary exam’s combined merit list) are invited for this exam. Candidate have to write two essay within 800 words from provided topics.
- Candidate have to write two essay
- Each essay are within 800 words
- 50 marks for each essay
Final Merit / Result
SPIPA Entrance exam’s final merit / result are prepared based on 400 marks as per state Government’s reservation policy.
SPIPA Entrance Exam Merit calculation:
- Preliminary Exam Paper 1 (GS): 200 Marks
- Preliminary Exam Paper 2 (CSAT): 100 Marks
- Essay Paper: 100 Marks
FAQs about SPIPA Exam
SPIPA is Govt. body for providing training to Govt. Employees. SPIPA also running coaching center for UPSC Civil Services Exam Training.
Yes, SPIPA is Government organization and its full name is Sardar Patel Institute for Public Administration.
No. SPIPA has stopped hostel facility from last few years. Now SPIPA only provides training, lectures, reading room, library and stipend.
No. SPIPA is not charging any fee for UPSC Coaching Centers. Although, candidates have to pay Rs. 3,200 refundable deposit (Rs. 1000 training deposit + 2,200 library deposit). Ahmedabad SPIPA is charging Rs. 6,200 deposit.