Table of contents
- About Head Clerk Exam
- Eligibility for GSSSB Head Clerk
- Exam Fee
- Selection Process
- Head Clerk Exam Pattern
- Head Clerk Syllabus
- Head Clerk Exam Study Material
- How to apply
- Head Clerk Exam Date 2021 – 22
- Frequently Asked Questions
About Head Clerk Exam
હેડ ક્લાર્ક / Head Clerk exam is conducted by Gujarat Secondary Service Selection Board (GSSSB) / ગુજરાત ગૌણ સેવા આયોગ. This is not regular exam, so please don’t be depend on this exam. Last GSSSB has published notification for this recruitment on year 2021 with Advertisement No. 190/202021. In this page we’re discussing about Head Clerk Exam Pattern, Exam Syllabus, Exam date, Computer Proficiency Test Syllabus etc… GSSSB has recently published notification for Head Clerk Exam Date 2021, as per this notification, exam shall conducted on 20th March, 2022.
You can also view some important resources for this exam in this page i.e. Latest official notification for this recruitment and other resources for competitive exam preparation in Gujarati.
Eligibility for GSSSB Head Clerk
- Candidate must be Indian citizen
- Educational Qualification: Candidate possess a bachelor’s degree obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Center or State Act in India or any other educational institution recognized as such or declared to be a deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government.
- In short, Graduation required
- Basic Computer Knowledge required as per General Administration Department’s circular સીઆરઆર-10-2007-120320-ગ.પ (dated 13/082008 & 18/03/2016) OR candidate must have computer as subject in university / diploma / degree / standard 10 / standard 12.
- કમ્પ્યુટર જ્ઞાનનું પ્રમાણપત્ર ન ધરાવતા ઉમેદવારો પણ પરીક્ષા આપી શકશે પરંતુ આવા ઉમેદવારોએ નિમણૂંક મેળવતા પહેલા સત્તાધિકારી સમક્ષ કમ્પ્યુટર બેઝિક નોલેજની પરીક્ષા પાસ કર્યાનું પ્રમાણપત્ર અચૂક રજુ કરવાનું રહેશે.
- Age Limit for GSSSB Head clerk: 18 to 35 years (as an exceptional case in year 2021, age limit is 36 due to covid-19 pandemic)
- Reservation for female candidates: 05 years
- Physically disabled male candidates: 10 years
- Physically disabled female candidates: 15 years
- EWS male candidates: 05 years
- EWS female candidates: 10 years (05 years EWS + 05 years Female)
- General Category Candidates: Rs. 100 + Rs.12 (Postal charge)
- ST, SC, SEBC, EWS, Ex. Serviceman: Rs. 0 (No fee)
There are two stages in GSSSB Head Clerk Recruitment
- Written exam (OMR based)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) (કુલ ખાલી જગ્યાના અંદાજે મેરીટના ધોરણે કેટગરી મુજબ ત્રણ ગણા ઉમેદવારોને કમ્પ્યુટર પ્રોફિશિયન્સી ટેસ્ટ માટે બોલાવવામાં આવશે).
Head Clerk Exam Pattern
- Exam type: OMR Based
- Total question papers: 01
- Total questions: 200
- Total marks: 200
- Negative marking: 0.25 for each wrong answer
- Total time: 02 hours (120 minutes)
Head Clerk Syllabus
Written exam of Head Clerk contains several subjects, which are common in almost all exams conducted in Gujarat i.e. GPSC, GPSSB, GSSSB, Police Bharti etc… This exam’s Exam Syllabus contains four main parts including General Knowledge, Gujarati Grammar & Literature, English Grammar, Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning.
Subject wise marking for GSSSB Head Clerk Exam
|સામાન્ય જ્ઞાન (GK): ગુજરાતનો ઇતિહાસ, ગુજરાતની ભૂગોળ, કલા અને સંસ્કૃતિ, ભારતનું બંધારણ, સામાન્ય વિજ્ઞાન, વર્તમાન પ્રવાહો ગુજરાત અને ભારત (Current Affairs), બેઝિક કમ્પ્યુટર, પર્યાવરણ, જાહેર વહીવટ, સરકારી યોજનાઓ, પંચાયતી રાજ અને ડિઝાસ્ટર મેનેજમેન્ટ.||80 ગુણ|
|ગુજરાતી વ્યાકરણ અને સાહિત્ય||50 ગુણ|
|અંગ્રેજી વ્યાકરણ||40 ગુણ|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Test of Reasoning||30 ગુણ|
Computer Proficiency Test
- Exam type: Practical
- Total question papers: 01
- Total marks: 100
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minute
Computer Proficiency Test Syllabus
|Name of Test||Marks|
|Gujarati Typing Test||30 Marks|
|English Typing Test||20 Marks|
|Practical test for basic computer skills:|
1. Preparing a note in MS Word file – 10 Marks
2. Preparing a MS PowerPoint slide or presentation based on data provided – 15 Marks
3. Preparing an MS Excel Spreadsheet and answering an arithmetic problem – 15 Marks
4. E-mails (with attachment) – 10 Marks
Head Clerk Exam Study Material
- Complete Study Material
- General Knowledge in Gujarati
- Daily Current Affairs | Current Affairs PDF Magazine
- Learning App for all competitive exams
How to apply
Candidates can apply for GSSSB Head Clerk Exam at OJAS official website, which is Government of Gujarat’s official portal or Online Job Application System. Interested and eligible candidates can follow these steps to apply online.
- Go to OJAS website
- Click on “Apply” from “Online Application” menu
- Select GSSSB Head Clerk Exam from list
- Click “More details” and then click “Apply Now”
Head Clerk Exam Date 2021 – 22
ગુજરાત ગૌણ સેવા પસંદગી મંડળ (GSSSB) has declared Head Clerk Exam Date 2021-22. As per GSSSB’s official notification, Head Clerk Exam 2021 shall be conducted on 20 March, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
Head Clerk is conducted by Gujarat Subordinate Service Selection Board (GSSSB) for clerk level posts. This exam has two stages i.e. Written exam and Computer Proficiency Test. Preliminary Exam is based on OMR / MCQ based questions.
GSSSB Head Clerk exam’s syllabus contains four main parts i.e. General Knowledge, Gujarati, English, Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning. You can start exam preparation GSSSB head clerk exam by reading basics i.e. GCERT books and daily current affairs.
As per GSSSB official notification, this exam will be held on 20th March, 2022 in various centers in Gujarat. You can download your call letter for this exam before week from the examination date.