What is GPSC
GPSC is abbreviation of Gujarat Public Service Commission which is constitutional body of Gujarat Government. GPSC established by Government of Gujarat on 01/05/1960 as per the provision of the Constitution of India formation. In Gujarat state, GPSC board conducting competitive exams for Class 1, 2 and 3 level posts including Gujarat Administrative Service, Gujarat Police Service and other administrative service including Mamlatdar, Government Labour Officer, Nayab Mamlatdar, Taluka Development Officer, Chief Officer etc… Schedule for GPSC Examinations are not fixed (like UPSC), they publish various recruitment as per post vacant in Gujarat.
We are also providing standard and quality study materials for GPSC Exams in Gujarati including General Knowledge and Current Affairs. You can access all study materials for all above said exams by simply register yourself at rijadeja.com. Don’t worry, registration is absolutely FREE and always will be.
GPSC Previous Years Solved Papers: At our Previous Years Question Papers page, you can view or download all previous papers with answer keys. Some answer keys are provided by officials and some others are solved by rijadeja.com.
Official website for GPSC Board: http://gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
Functions of GPSC
- Following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
- To conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the State.
To advice on:
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His Excellency the Governor – These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
One app for all exams!
Download our mobile app and start your competitive exam preparation anywhere, anytime… You can get everything you need to start your exam preparation including Job updates, Daily Current Affairs, GK in Gujarati, Study Material, Category wise GK Quiz, Video Tutorials and more…